Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

What Should You Confess

Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy. Psalm 107:2
Our faith should always be anchored in the Word of God. God’s Word is powerful and living; it is spirit and life. In Isaiah 43:26, God invites us to remind Him of His Word: “Put Me in remembrance; let us contend together; state your case, that you may be acquitted.” The Bible becomes the word of faith when you lay hold of it and speak it out (Rom. 10:8).
Even God speaks out the word He thinks in His heart: “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it” (Is. 55:11). “Confession” literally means “to speak the same.” When you speak that same Word, as if God is speaking it Himself, it will go forth to accomplish great things on your behalf. Practically, confession means:
  1. affirming what you believe,
  2. testifying what you know,
  3. witnessing the truth you have embraced,
  4. praying for the answer, and
  5. speaking out the end result by faith.
So what should we confess from the Word of God?
Firstly, confess what God has accomplished for you in Christ by the redemption. Confess Ephesians 1:7 regularly: “In Him I have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.”
Secondly, confess what God has accomplished in you by His Word and Spirit. A good Scripture to say aloud is John 15:3, “I am already clean because of the word which Jesus has spoken to me.”
Thirdly, confess who you are before God in Christ. Say again and again: “Yet in all these things I am more than a conqueror through Christ who loved me” (Rom. 8:37).
Fourthly, confess what Jesus is doing for you now as He intercedes. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For God knows the thoughts that He thinks toward me, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give me a future and a hope.”
Fifthly, confess what God can do through you and what His Word on your lips is going to accomplish. Confess often aloud: “In Jesus’ name I will cast out demons; I will speak with new tongues; I will take up serpents; and if I drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt me; I will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover” (Mark 16:17-18).
As much as possible, refrain from talking failure and defeat. Don’t dwell endlessly on sickness and disease. Talk about success, victory, healing and health. Never for one moment say that God’s power and ability cannot bring you through any given situation. Remember, you are not bragging about yourself. You are confessing about the greater One who lives in you—the Holy Spirit of the living God.

No comments: