Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

If your House was Robbed Today...

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith; and this is the gift of God, not by works, that no one should boast” (Ephesians 2:8,9)

I want you to imagine that your house is being robbed, but you put your most valuable asset in a safe. What is that asset? It might be expensive jewelry, family photos, or the deed to your land. You can rest assured that even if you are robbed, your most valuable asset will stay safe.

Think about it spiritually now. What is your most valuable spiritual asset? For a while, I had everything backwards. I thought my prayer life, Bible reading, and church attendance gave me my value as a Christian. But I thought very little about Jesus’ sacrifice for me and how He gave me righteousness I could never get otherwise. It was as if I was appraising my home and put high value on all of the insignificant items like vases and pictures and minimal value on the important things like the walls and foundation.

I was the person Jesus was talking to when He said, “You say, 'I am rich. I have everything I want. I don't need a thing!' And you don't realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. So I advise you to buy gold from me--gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also buy white garments from me so you will not be shamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see” (Revelation 3:17,18).

Jesus’ righteousness is the most valuable item I have. And it’s the most valuable item you have. He paid for it with His life and gave it to you free of charge. And God has locked it in your spiritual safe; He will never take it away. Jesus said, “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me” (John 10:28). Your Bible knowledge, service at church, or your good deeds can fade away; but no one can take Jesus’ righteousness from you. And it is the only thing you need. It will carry you through this life and into Heaven.

Paul said, “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord” (I Corinthians 1:31). Do this with me right now: Close your eyes and imagine a bar of gold (representing Jesus’ righteousness) locked in your safe. Pray aloud, “Thank you Jesus that all I have is Your righteousness, and no one can take it from me.”

So this week, let us pray that:
  • We would know the value of Christ’ sacrifice for us
  • We would put our confidence in the fact Jesus will never abandon us
  • Global Media Outreach would put Jesus at the top so everyone can glorify Him
THANK YOU so much for your prayers. God loves you!

Your Friends at GodLife.com

No comments: