Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Leading by Example

True Christianity is more than professing a faith in Jesus. It is exhibited by following Jesus' example in everything we do.

On the night of his betrayal Jesus took a basin and washed his disciples' feet. This job was usually done by guests themselves or by servants. One of the disciples, Peter, tried to restrain Jesus from the lowly duty of washing feet. When Jesus finished, he turned to his disciples and said, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you" (John 13:12).

Jesus could have commanded his disciples to serve others, instead he led them by example. Many people declare Jesus as Savior, but few really follow the example he left of kindness, forgiveness and an unflinching adherence to the moral principles of the Ten Commandments.

True Christianity is more than professing a faith in Jesus. It is exhibited by following Jesus' example in everything we do.

No comments: