Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

You shall have no other gods before me

“I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” Psalm 16:7, 8

There is only one true God who created the heavens and the earth and who rules the universe. God says to us in the Bible, “You shall have no other gods before me.”

What does this mean? It means we should worship the one and only true God as our supreme Lord and we should worship nothing else before God. No other god is more important than God. Money is not more important than God. Success is not more important than God.

You can have only one god and that should be the one true God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the maker of heaven and earth. Do not bow down to any idols. Do not let yourself think that anything on earth or in heaven is more important than God. God loves you and He wants to bless your life; He forgives all your sins in Jesus Christ when you accept Christ as your savior. God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.

So, this week, let us pray and ask God to
  • Help us worship Him and Him alone
  • Help Global Media Outreach reach millions more people for Jesus Christ
  • Protect and bless our staff and volunteers
THANK YOU for your prayers as we seek together to reach the world for Jesus Christ. Our God is all loving and all powerful and all knowing. He is worthy of all of our praise.

May God bless you,

No comments: