Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Short Course in Human Relations

Find opportunities to say these words every day and you can create a new positive environment.

Years ago I read an anonymous poem "A Short Course in Human Relations." It goes like this:
  • The six most important words:
  • I admit that I was wrong.
  • The five most important words:
  • You did a great job.
  • The four most important words:
  • What do you think?
  • The three most important words:
  • Could you please...
  • The two most important words:
  • Thank you.
  • The most important word:
  • We.
  • The least important word:
  • I.
These few words not only outline important management principles, but apply to all human relationships. Keep these words posted on your desk or dash of your car: "I admit that I was wrong"..."you did a great job"..."what do you think"..."could you please"..."thank you"..."we".

Find opportunities to say these words every day and you can create a new positive environment in your workplace, church or family.

No comments: